Sunday, April 29, 2012

My Master Cleanse Journey- Day 5



Day 5 started with a huge BANG.


~my brand new top loading washing machine's pump died
~the filter on the shop vac needed replacing because the eaters vac'd up disgusting things I won't mention on here.
~had to deal with 13 yr. old adolescent boy's bed room nastiness *shudder*

these things are added to the minor disasters I discovered the other day, namely:

~my gas stove decided to die

~found carpenter ants eating my 100 yr old front porch

Of course, I remedied 67 percent of the problems (because I am Superwoman).  Everything else can be hired out, cleaned, or purchased, thank goodness.  The kid's room was cleaned (with my assistance with the floor washing.  I wanted to make sure that 'boy funk' smell was gone).

In other news (more MC related than the above):

I am now experiencing the 'loads of energy' boost that kicks in around this time.  I feel productive enough to possibly clean my entire upstairs and start on completing the renovations in the bathroom there.  I need to spackle/paint/put up backsplash/finish the design on the vanity/poly the dark oak floors/put up toe molding and baseboards (not that much, eh?).

One thing I noticed about the energy boost part of the cleanse-- if it is accompanied by any sort of angry adrenaline rush, it makes one dizzy and takes the wind out of your sails.
  I am not eliminating as much as I should be, so I am super cranky (well, less than yesterday) still.  I need to increase the intake of the swill and make sure to drink lots of Smooth Move tea. Lack of eliminations can make a MCer pretty testy.  Yeah, there's a reason why folks do the SWF, but I still can't justify it.  I detest it and would rather try out other options of torture.

I contemplated putting up before/after pics in bikinis or some other revealing garb, but I am not quite brave enough to do this.  I am down about 10.5 lbs so far, which is amazing.  My blood pressure was 97/83, another thing I am happy about.  For a long time I couldn't get the diastolic number under 100, so this is incredibly encouraging.


except for when it's my body in a bikini in a public blog
yeah, this sums up my blog exactly...
I am now off to drink a hot cuppa tea in a darkened, quiet room until my Zen returns... then attempt to finish up they myriad of things I need to do.


6 pm 

The problem with increasing your intake whilst wishing for elimination is that you get what you wish for- urgently and painfully.

That's what I am doing this evening- all evening, or at least until the torture stops.

Of course,
that is EXACTLY when my father arrives. 

Murphy's law states that the minute you want to use the toilet or have an orgasm, SOME member of your family will knock on your door or show up. 

It's similar to the Murphy's law that makes it impossible to go to the grocery store in an unkempt state without running into someone that you never want be caught looking like shit in front of.

Another one is that the minute you wear white pants or a skirt, you will either bleed on it or spill something disgusting on it.


Later, later-
9 pm

The part of the night that really blows on this cleanse has begun!  Usually, I am ok as long as I don't watch tv with commercials.  There are food commercials every 5 minutes, just bombarding us constantly.  It's so much more noticeable when you're on the MC (naturally). 

The cravings were squashed by drinking 2 more cups of swill and doing stuff.   Bait and switch does help...  I am like a two year old right now.


11:30 pmSo, I am reading the MC forums and I find this post about some guy in NZ who began passing little stones out of his rectum while cleansing.  It's very interesting.

http://lemonade.websitetoolbox.com/post/Day-20-and-not-sure-what-to-do-5736223



No comments:

Post a Comment