Saturday, April 28, 2012

My Master Cleanse Journey- Day 4

Size 16 in the 1950s = a modern US 6/8.  This woman wasn't remotely 'plus sized'.  Sorry, folks.



WARNING!  TODAY'S BLOG IS FILLED WITH BITCHING AND MOANING!


6:45 pm

I am about 10 lbs less than when I started, which means I am losing the 'Beyonce just gave birth' look and am now back into Marilyn Monroe T & A territory again.  I've done previous MCs that resulted in only a pound a day loss or less... this one seems to be melting off the excess water weight at a more rapid pace (and I am drinking tons of liquids, btw).  My tummy, which is pretty flat normally, is starting to look like it's old self again.   I've always wished I could've been slim hipped and long legged, but as I get older I've started to appreciate my body type a bit more.  There aren't too many real hourglasses out there.

Speaking of hourglasses, I have no idea why websites keep talking about how Marilyn Monroe was a size 16, hence 'plus sized'.  As a rabid vintage fashion seamstress, I can tell you that this is NOT the case at all.  Size 16 in 1950s pattern speak equals a modern US size 6/8.  Here is a link to another person with more info on the same pet peeve here.



In the end, people see whatever they want to see.
The only negatives today are a few headaches, some fatigue now and then, some cranky stuff... otherwise, I am feeling better than in the previous days.  I had a couple of food cravings, mostly late at night.  They've been pretty easy to combat.  In addition to the cranky, I am also surly.  I guess you could say that my biggest negative is that I am rather negative today.  It's one helluva detox, that's for sure. 

I've spent a good part of the afternoon reading other people's day 4 MC blogs.  What pisses me off the most about reading these are all the people with 'more energy than they've ever had before in their entire freaking lives' posts.  I certainly cannot say the same thing and I don't know what I'd do if I could say it right now.  (I'd probably be pissed off that I had too much energy, which would interrupt my sleep).  So, yeah, I am definitely surly AND cranky today.

The eaters in my house ordered delivery pizza and it smells like someone heated up a pan of pure fish sauce and then let the aroma waft violently though the house.  I am not even remotely tempted by that odor. 

I have SO much stuff to do in my house and garden, but absolutely ZERO (O) desire to attempt anything.  I am even too zonked to do fun beauty things to myself.  Apathy and fatigue are the owners of my day.

                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment