Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Of Mung Cleanses and Other Tortures

Today I am officially on Day 37 of the Mung and Rice Cleanse. 

Of all the diets and eating programs I've been on, this thing's been the LEAST torturous of any of them!


This cleanse is based on the Ayurvedic cleanses that have been in practice for over 4 thousand years.  It's basically a gluten-free, vegetarian mono-diet.  

After quitting smoking last September, I found myself with over 25 lbs of weight that I needed to lose.  I've lost about 15 lbs this month on it.  It's been *very* easy to do and is absolutely delicious (especially if you're fond of Indian food).  I probably would've lost more, but I've been a bit lax about exercising. 

Unlike other detox cleanses (like the Master Cleanse), you can eat as much as you want and actually function in everyday life, which is a plus if you're busy with family and life.

I am actually contemplating another ten day Master Cleanse, then easing back into this mung bean cleanse afterward. 


Here's a link for those who wish to try it:


http://www.yogamurrieta.com/node/347


No comments:

Post a Comment