Thursday, April 26, 2012

My Master Cleanse Journey- Day 2 Plus some info on the Salt Water Flush

I felt this way last night.  If someone would've accidentally fallen on me, I would've killed and eaten them.  I am not joking.


I woke up at 10 am, feeling fantastic and down a whopping SIX pounds! 

Now, I know that this is just water weight (I am being visited currently by Aunt Flo, so water weight is what I am right now).  When you're on your period and you lose 6 pounds overnight, you don't look a gift horse in the mouth :)

I started to nod off around noon, but was suddenly and rudely roused by the high school marching band that marches past my front door every day at pre-cise-ly 1 pm.  They do this every April/May in preparation for our local Blossometime Festival and parade.  It makes noontime napping impossible.


So far, I've imbibed 2 cups of MC swill (6-12 cups are the minimum daily requirements).  I've been making a large glass and DOWNING it like a shot over my kitchen sink to ensure I drink it all.

People have asked me what my thoughts are on the Salt Water Flush (SWF).  I do NOT do the SWF.  I have done it before and I detest it.

For those who don't know what SWF is, here's my description:

The SWF is a saline water concoction that some people drink every morning in order to 'flush' their systems out during the MC.  You mix an ungodly amount (a couple of liters, I believe) of water with sea salt, until it's as salty as a can of undiluted Campbell's soup.  (They actually have a recipe for it online)  You then gulp the entire thing down AS FAST AS YOU CAN... and wait for the magic to happen.

Within 20-30 minutes, you should experience a distinct rumbling in your belly, which will often lead to debilitating and painful stomach cramps.  At this point you should RUN straight for the loo/commode/toilet/bucket or anything handy within arm's reach and WAIT for the violent eruptions to commence.  If you hate your neighbors, this is a great time to stick your fanny out of the window, for it WILL hit their house.  For many, it's an evacuation like they've never seen before.



I think these folks might like the SWF better than I would.
Don't get me wrong, I love the Master Cleanse.  However, I cannot fathom why anyone would want to poop like this every damned morning.  I often wonder who the sadistic jackass was that invented this form of quickie shit purging.

Instead, I opt for more gentle evacuation methods.  I prefer Swiss Kriss, which is a senna based laxative, at bedtime.  Smooth Move tea is also senna based and a great relief for sluggish bowels and toxin elimination.  If you have a colonics place nearby, I recommend going to them at least once a week.  In any detox/fast/cleanse, pooping is your Friend... I just don't need friends like the ones made by the SWF.

 


At the end of the day I was able to finish up with 6 glasses total.  I slept off and on most of the day, so I wasn't very hungry.  I also had a few liters of spring water. 

My detox symptoms are mostly headaches and fatigue right now.   Odd, as I have *also* been suffering from insomnia these last few days.

I drank some Sleepytime Extra tea tonight in hopes that it will knock me out.

Link to yesterday (day 1) here



http://aneclecticgoddess.blogspot.com/2012/04/my-30-day-master-cleanse-journey-day-1.html

2 comments:

  1. In Fascist Italy (under Mussolini), Castor Oil was used as a weapon of torture against people. I bet it did wonders for the colon flush...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh dear God, that's something even *I* didn't know!!! What a messy form of torture!!

    ReplyDelete