Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Goddess' Vegan Filipino Garlic Fried Rice



 This is based (very roughly) on the fried rice I grew up with.


when I say 'garlic', I mean it.



It is also mung cleanse friendly, gluten free, and vegan.  When I say 'garlic fried rice', I mean GARLIC fried rice.  I generally use about a head (because I love it).

The basic recipe for my Garlic Fried Rice is as follows:




about 2-3 c cooked rice or as much as you want to eat.

garlic- I used a head, it's up to you. Peel and squish with a mortar and pestle or side of knife or rock, then chop

Onions, chopped

any veggies u want, chopped (I used mushrooms, carrots, edamame last time)

Safflower oil


Soy sauce, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, sriracha

(if not vegan, beat one or 2 eggs in a bowl)

heat oil in pan, I tend to use a bit more than normal because I like fat. throw in garlic and onions, saute til golden careful not to burn it. throw in veggies, saute.

If your rice is cold, dump it into a bowl and add 1/2 c water or so and soy sauce, garlic powder, sriracha to taste. Mash it with a fork to mix it all up.

Dump the rice into the frying veggies and oil and saute til the rice is soft and water steams it. Taste and adjust seasoning. At the end, if you want eggs in it, toss beaten egg and mix up til cooked and coated, but it's just as good without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment